A. No person shall establish, conduct or maintain a clinical laboratory in this state or engage in the business of providing clinical laboratory services to persons within the state unless that person applies for and obtains a license pursuant to this article. The department shall issue a license to an applicant if the department determines that the applicant meets the requirements of this article and rules adopted pursuant to this article.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 36-462
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- laboratory: means any facility, agency, institution, medical office, health care institution, building, or place which provides through its ownership or operation facilities for the microbiological, serological, chemical, immunohematological, hematological, cytologic, histologic, radiobioassay, cytogenetic, histocompatibility, pathological, toxicological or other examination of materials derived from the human body for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a disease or an impairment or the assessment of human health conditions or to determine the presence, absence or concentration of various substances in the body. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- License: means a regular license, renewal license or provisional license issued by the department pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 36-451
- Person: means any individual, firm, partnership, association or corporation, whether or not organized for profit, or any other form of business enterprise. See Arizona Laws 36-451
B. The director may provide training and consultation to laboratory personnel to ensure compliance with the licensure requirements of this article.