A. An appointing authority shall comply with the procedures prescribed in this article and the rules adopted by the director for the recruitment, selection, hiring and separation of employees in the state personnel system. The appointing authority shall prescribe the compensation of an employee at all times pursuant to section 38-611.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-747
- Appointing authority: means the person or group of persons authorized by law or delegated authority to make appointments to fill positions. See Arizona Laws 41-741
- Director: means the director of the department of administration. See Arizona Laws 41-701.01
- Employee: means all officers and employees of this state, whether in covered service or uncovered service, unless otherwise prescribed. See Arizona Laws 41-741
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Rules: means rules adopted by the department of administration, human resources division. See Arizona Laws 41-741
- State personnel system: means all state agencies and employees of those agencies that are not exempted by this article. See Arizona Laws 41-741
B. An appointing authority that violates subsection A of this section and incurs an obligation is subject to the civil and criminal penalties prescribed in title 35, chapter 1.