A. All state agencies shall contribute a pro rata share of the overall cost of personnel administration services provided by the department. The pro rata share shall be payable by payroll fund source, and the resultant amount shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in a personnel division fund for appropriation by the legislature for the state personnel board, the governor’s office of equal opportunity and the personnel division of the department. The pro rata share shall be 0.86 percent of the total payroll of the state agency. Of the 0.86 percent pro rata share, 0.03 percent of total payroll shall be deposited in a separate subaccount of the personnel division fund for use by the state personnel board and is subject to legislative appropriation. Total payroll shall include all fund sources, including the state general fund, federal monies, special revenue funds, intergovernmental revenue monies, trust funds and other payroll fund sources.
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 41-750
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Department: means the department of administration. See Arizona Laws 41-701.01
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- State agency: means a department, board, office, authority, commission or other governmental budget unit of this state and includes an agency assigned to a department for administrative purposes. See Arizona Laws 41-741
- State personnel board: means the board established by section 41-781. See Arizona Laws 41-741
B. A claim for the pro rata share percentage payment shall be submitted according to the fund source, with the accompanying payroll to the department for deposit in the personnel division fund.
C. Notwithstanding section 35-190, only monies in excess of five hundred thousand dollars revert to the state general fund at the end of each fiscal year. The state comptroller shall pay any monies determined to be owed to the federal government from the personnel division fund before calculating the reversion.
D. Monies contributed based on the personnel services for individuals employed by the Arizona state retirement system and monies contributed based on the personnel services for individuals employed by the public safety personnel retirement system as the pro rata share shall not revert to the state general fund and shall be separately accounted for and reverted to the Arizona state retirement system, the public safety personnel retirement system, the elected officials retirement plan or the corrections officer retirement plan, as applicable.