In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Arizona Laws 48-4201
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
1. "Board" means the board of directors of any district established under section 48-4202, subsection A, B or C.
2. "Bond" means any obligation authorized and issued pursuant to this chapter, including bonds, lease-purchase and installment purchase agreements, certificates of participation in a lease-purchase or installment purchase agreement and obligations that are authorized and issued to refund or refinance obligations that are authorized and issued pursuant to this chapter.
3. "District" means any county stadium district established pursuant to section 48-4202, subsection A, B or C.
4. "Multipurpose facility" means any facility or facilities that include:
(a) A primary component that is located in the district on the multipurpose facility site and on lands that are adjacent to each other or separated by public rights-of-way, that the district owns or leases and that is used to accommodate sporting, entertainment, cultural, civic, meeting, trade show or convention events or activities, fire, police or other public safety facilities and tourism offices. The primary component may not include any structure or part of a structure that is used or designed for use as a county, city or town hall, as meeting space for the county, city or town governing body or for general municipal administrative office space other than for the administration, maintenance and operation of the multipurpose facility.
(b) Secondary components that are located in the district and that the board determines are necessary or beneficial to the primary component, limited to on-site infrastructure, artistic components, parking garages and lots, and public parks and plazas. In addition, secondary components may include related commercial facilities that are located within the multipurpose facility site.
5. "Multipurpose facility site" means the geographic area within the district which is depicted in the publicity pamphlet for an election held pursuant to section 48-4237.
6. "Municipality" means a city or town that is incorporated or chartered under the constitution and laws of this state.
7. "Stadium" means a sports facility or facilities located in the district and designed to accommodate, but not be limited to, major league baseball events or intercollegiate athletic events.