Terms Used In Arizona Laws 5-1177
- Authority: means a sports authority established pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 5-1101
- Authority board: means the governing board of the sports authority. See Arizona Laws 5-1101
- Bond: means any obligation authorized and issued pursuant to this article, including:
(a) Bonds and notes. See Arizona Laws 5-1161
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Multipurpose facility: means a stadium or a facility for youth sports that is adapted for additional entertainment, cultural, civic, meeting, trade show or convention events, on-site infrastructure and related parking facilities and commercial activity within the facility. See Arizona Laws 5-1101
- Stadium: means a facility intended primarily for use by one or more major league baseball spring training operations, including baseball stadiums, clubhouses, practice facilities, other related facilities, on-site infrastructure and related parking facilities and commercial activity within the facility. See Arizona Laws 5-1101
A. This article constitutes full authority for authorizing and issuing bonds without reference to any other law of this state. No other law with regard to authorizing or issuing obligations or that in any way impedes or restricts performing the acts authorized by this article may be construed to apply to any proceedings taken or acts done pursuant to this article.
B. The validity of bonds issued under this article does not depend on and is not affected by the legality of any proceeding relating to the acquisition, construction, improvement, operation or maintenance of a stadium or multipurpose facility for which the bonds are issued.
C. The authority board may submit any bonds to be issued under this article to a nationally recognized bond counsel after all proceedings for authorizing the bonds have been completed. On submission the counsel shall examine and pass on the validity of the bonds and the regularity of the proceedings. If the proceedings comply with this article, and if the bonds when delivered and paid for will constitute binding and legal obligations of the authority, the counsel shall certify on the back of each bond, in substance, that it is issued according to the constitution and laws of this state and that the interest on the bonds will be exempt from state taxes as provided by law.
D. The bonds shall recite that they are regularly issued pursuant to this article. That recital, together with the legal opinion under subsection C, constitutes prima facie evidence of the legality and validity of the bonds. From and after the sale and delivery of the bonds, they are incontestable by this state or the authority.