|§ 10-601||Authorized shares|
|§ 10-602||Terms of class or series determined by board of directors|
|§ 10-603||Issued and outstanding shares|
|§ 10-604||Fractional shares|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 10 > Chapter 6 > Article 1 - Shares
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Articles of incorporation: means the original or restated articles of incorporation or articles of merger and all amendments to the articles of incorporation or merger and includes amended and restated articles of incorporation and articles of amendment and merger. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board of directors: means the group of persons vested with the management of the affairs of the corporation irrespective of the name by which the group is designated and includes the governing body or bodies of a water users' association if the articles of incorporation of such water users' association provide for a governing body or bodies denominated other than as a board of directors. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Cardholder: means a qualifying patient, a designated caregiver, a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a independent third-party laboratory agent who has been issued and possesses a valid registry identification card. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Class: refers to a group of memberships that have the same rights with respect to voting, dissolution, redemption and transfer. See Arizona Laws 10-3140
- Commission: means the Arizona corporation commission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Deliver: includes sending by mail, private courier, fax or electronic transmission. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Department: means the department of health services or its successor agency. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Designated caregiver: means a person who:
(a) Is at least twenty-one years of age. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executed by the corporation: means executed by manual or facsimile signature on behalf of the corporation by a duly authorized officer or, if the corporation is in the hands of a receiver or trustee, by the receiver or trustee. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Filing: means the commission completing the following procedure with respect to any document delivered for that purpose:
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Independent third-party laboratory: means an entity that has a national or international accreditation and that is certified by the department to analyze marijuana cultivated for medical use. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Independent third-party laboratory agent: means an owner, employee or volunteer of a certified independent third-party laboratory who is at least twenty-one years of age and who has not been convicted of an excluded felony offense. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Marijuana: means all parts of any plant of the genus cannabis whether growing or not, and the seeds of such plant. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Medical use: means the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, administration, delivery, transfer or transportation of marijuana or paraphernalia relating to the administration of marijuana to treat or alleviate a registered qualifying patient's debilitating medical condition or symptoms associated with the patient's debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary: means a not-for-profit entity that acquires, possesses, cultivates, manufactures, delivers, transfers, transports, supplies, sells or dispenses marijuana or related supplies and educational materials to cardholders. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Person: includes an individual and entity. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Physician: means a doctor of medicine who holds a valid and existing license to practice medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or its successor, a doctor of osteopathic medicine who holds a valid and existing license to practice osteopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 17 or its successor, a naturopathic physician who holds a valid and existing license to practice naturopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 14 or its successor or a homeopathic physician who holds a valid and existing license to practice homeopathic medicine pursuant to title 32, chapter 29 or its successor. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Qualifying patient: means a person who has been diagnosed by a physician as having a debilitating medical condition. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Registry identification card: means a document issued by the department that identifies a person as a registered qualifying patient, a registered designated caregiver, a registered nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary agent or a registered independent third-party laboratory agent. See Arizona Laws 36-2801
- Shareholder: means the person in whose name shares are registered in the records of a corporation or the beneficial owner of shares to the extent of the rights granted by a nominee certificate on file with a corporation. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Shares: means the units into which the proprietary interests in a corporation are divided. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.
- Vote: includes authorization by written ballot and written consent. See Arizona Laws 10-3140