Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 28 > Chapter 10 > Article 8
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Certificate of title: means a paper document or an electronic record that is issued by the department and that indicates ownership of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Major component part: includes a motor vehicle or vehicle part that the manufacturer has assigned any factory, motor, serial or other identification number or mark. See Arizona Laws 28-4301
- Manufacturer: means any person who either:
(a) Manufactures or assembles new motor vehicles. See Arizona Laws 28-4301
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Motor vehicle: means an automobile, motor bus, motorcycle, truck or truck tractor or any other self-propelled vehicle, trailer or semitrailer. See Arizona Laws 28-4301
- Owner: means :
(a) A person who holds the legal title of a vehicle. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probable cause: A reasonable ground for belief that the offender violated a specific law.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Service: means any service that is sold, leased or provided to retail consumers and that directly relates to the ownership or leasing of a new or used motor vehicle, including extended service contracts or motor vehicle warranty and nonwarranty repairs or maintenance, including both parts and labor. See Arizona Laws 28-4301
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101