|§ 32-2821||Revocation or suspension of certificate or permit; civil penalties; enforcement; appeals; hearings|
|§ 32-2822||Unlawful acts; classification|
|§ 32-2825||Injunctive relief|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 28 > Article 3
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Certificate: means a certificate that is granted and issued by the department. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Certified technologist: means a person holding a certificate that is granted and issued by the department. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Direction: means responsibility for and control of the application of ionizing radiation to human beings for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Director: means the director of the department of health services. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Ionizing radiation: means gamma rays and x-rays, alpha and beta particles, high speed electrons, neutrons, protons and other nuclear particles or rays. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensed practitioner: means a person who is licensed or otherwise authorized by law to practice medicine, dentistry, osteopathic medicine, podiatry, chiropractic or naturopathic medicine in this state. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Radiologic technologist: means a person who holds a certificate that is issued by the department and that allows that person to apply ionizing radiation to individuals at the direction of a licensed practitioner for general diagnostic or therapeutic purposes. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Radiologist: means a licensed practitioner of medicine or osteopathic medicine who has undertaken a course of training that meets the requirements for admission to the examination of the American board of radiology or the American osteopathic board of radiology. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Radiologist assistant: means a person who holds a certificate pursuant to section 32-2819 and who performs independent advanced procedures in medical imaging and interventional radiology under the guidance, directions, supervision and discretion of a licensed practitioner of medicine or osteopathic medicine specializing in radiology as set forth in section 32-2819 and the rules adopted pursuant to that section. See Arizona Laws 32-2801
- Unethical professional conduct: means the following acts, whether occurring in this state or elsewhere:
(a) Intentionally betraying a professional confidence or intentional violation of a privileged communication except as required by law. See Arizona Laws 32-2801