Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 32 > Chapter 29 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Board: means the board of homeopathic and integrated medicine examiners. See Arizona Laws 32-2901
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Licensee: means a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter. See Arizona Laws 32-2901
- Minor: means a person under the age of eighteen years. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- unprofessional conduct: includes the following acts, whether occurring in this state or elsewhere:
1. See Arizona Laws 32-2933