|Article 1||In General||37-801 – 37-804|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 37 > Chapter 4
- Alternative fuel: means :
(a) Electricity. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Corporation: includes any domestic or foreign predecessor entity of a corporation in a merger or other transaction in which the predecessor's existence ceased on consummation of the transaction. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Department: means the state land department. See Arizona Laws 37-101
- Director: means an individual who is or was a director of a corporation or an individual who, while a director of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- domestic corporation: means a corporation for profit that is not a foreign corporation and that is incorporated under or subject to chapters 1 through 17 of this title. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Employee: includes an officer but not a director. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Entity: includes a corporation, foreign corporation, not for profit corporation, profit and not for profit unincorporated association, nonprofit corporation, close corporation, corporation sole or limited liability company, a professional corporation, association or limited liability company, a business trust, estate, partnership, registered limited liability partnership, trust or joint venture, two or more persons having a joint or common economic interest, any person other than an individual and a state, the United States and a foreign government. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Expenses: includes attorney fees and all other costs and expenses reasonably related to a proceeding. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Individual: includes the estate of an incompetent or deceased individual. See Arizona Laws 10-140
- Liability: means the obligation to pay a judgment, settlement, penalty or fine, including an excise tax assessed with respect to an employee benefit plan, or reasonable expenses incurred with respect to a proceeding and includes obligations and expenses that have not yet been paid by the indemnified person but that have been or may be incurred. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Officer: means an individual who is or was an officer of a corporation or an individual who, while an officer of a corporation, is or was serving at the corporation's request as a director, officer, partner, trustee, employee or agent of another foreign or domestic corporation, partnership, joint venture, trust, employee benefit plan or other entity. See Arizona Laws 10-850
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Sublease: means an agreement in which the lessee relinquishes control of the leased land to another party for the purposes authorized in the lease. See Arizona Laws 37-101