Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 38 > Chapter 5 > Article 4.1
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Annuity account: means an account that is established for each participant to record the deposit of participant contributions, employer contributions and interest, dividends or other accumulations credited on behalf of the participant. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board: means the board of trustees of the public safety personnel retirement system established by section 38-848. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Defined contribution plan: means the public safety personnel defined contribution retirement plan established pursuant to this article. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Participant: means :
(a) A member as defined in section 38-842, paragraph 31, subdivision (a), excluding subdivision (a), item (vi), who is one of the following:
(i) An employee who is hired on or after July 1, 2017, who makes the irrevocable election to participate solely in the defined contribution plan established pursuant to this article and who was not an active, an inactive or a retired member of the system or a member of the system with a disability on June 30, 2017. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- Pensionable compensation: means the amount of the participant's annual compensation that does not exceed the limitation specified in section 38-843. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- System: means the public safety personnel retirement system established by article 4 of this chapter. See Arizona Laws 38-865
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215