|§ 44-6561||Unlawful acts or practices; violation; classification; civil penalty|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 19 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Charitable organization: means either of the following:
(a) A person determined by the internal revenue service to be a tax exempt organization pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Contracted fund raiser: means a person who for profit either solicits directly or employs, procures or engages another person to solicit for a charitable organization. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Independent solicitor: means a person who for profit engages to solicit on behalf of a charitable organization or on behalf of a contracted fund raiser. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: means an individual, corporation, partnership, association, joint stock company or trust, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency or any other unincorporated organization. See Arizona Laws 44-1801
- solicitation: means a request of any kind for a contribution or a request for the purchase of goods, tickets or services for a charitable purpose. See Arizona Laws 44-6551
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215