|§ 44-7902||Mugshot website operators; prohibited acts; exceptions|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 44 > Chapter 37 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Booking photograph: means a photograph of a subject individual that is taken pursuant to an arrest or other involvement in the criminal justice system. See Arizona Laws 44-7901
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Criminal justice record: includes a booking photograph and the name, address and description of and the charges filed against a subject individual. See Arizona Laws 44-7901
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Mugshot website operator: means a person that publishes a criminal justice record on a publicly available internet website for a commercial purpose. See Arizona Laws 44-7901
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a natural person, partnership, association, joint venture, corporation, limited liability company, nonprofit organization or trust or any similar entity or organized group of persons. See Arizona Laws 44-7901
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Subject individual: means an individual who has been arrested. See Arizona Laws 44-7901