|§ 8-550.01||Child abuse prevention fund; purpose; definition|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 8 > Chapter 4 > Article 7
- Abuse: means the infliction or allowing of physical injury, impairment of bodily function or disfigurement or the infliction of or allowing another person to cause serious emotional damage as evidenced by severe anxiety, depression, withdrawal or untoward aggressive behavior and which emotional damage is diagnosed by a medical doctor or psychologist and is caused by the acts or omissions of an individual who has the care, custody and control of a child. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Aeronaut: includes any aviator, pilot, balloonist and other person participating in the operation of aircraft while in flight. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Aircraft: includes a balloon, airplane, amphibian and craft used for navigation through the air. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Alcohol: means any substance containing any form of alcohol, including ethanol, methanol, propynol and isopropynol. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Conviction: means :
(a) An unvacated adjudication of guilt or a determination that a person violated or failed to comply with the law in a court of original jurisdiction or by an authorized administrative tribunal. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the department of transportation acting directly or through its duly authorized officers and agents. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Director: means the director of the department. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Evidence: includes both of the following:
(a) A display on a wireless communication device of a department-generated driver license, nonoperating identification license, vehicle registration card or other official record of the department that is presented to a law enforcement officer or in a court or an administrative proceeding. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Passenger: includes a person who rides in aircraft but has no part in its operation. See Arizona Laws 28-8201
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Prevention: means the creation of conditions, opportunities and experiences that encourage and develop healthy, self-sufficient children and that occur before the onset of problems. See Arizona Laws 8-201
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- State: means a state of the United States and the District of Columbia. See Arizona Laws 28-101
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215