|§ 9-501||Grant of franchise|
|§ 9-502||Petition for franchise; publication; estimate; election; term; expenditures|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 9 > Chapter 5 > Article 1
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Grantee: includes every person to whom an estate or interest in real property passes, in or by a deed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215