|§ 9-552||Authority to issue license|
|§ 9-553||Application for license; hearing; terms; conditions|
|§ 9-554||License required before construction|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 9 > Chapter 5 > Article 4
- Agency: means any state agency, school district or office or agency established by either title 11 or a county board of supervisors. See Arizona Laws 35-341
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board of deposit: means , in the case of a county, the board of supervisors, and in the case of a city or town, the common council. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Capital structure: means the amount of the capital of the eligible depository shown by the latest call statement of condition as defined by rule of the superintendent of financial institutions for the purpose of administration of this article. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Collecting entity: means the entity from which the treasurer receives general funding including the county for collections performed by a county treasurer, the city for collections performed by a city treasurer or the district for collections performed by a district treasurer. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- Eligible depository: means any commercial or savings bank or savings and loan association with its principal place of business in the United States which is insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation or any successor, or any other insuring instrumentality of the United States, in accordance with the applicable law of the United States or credit union which is insured by the national credit union administration. See Arizona Laws 35-310
- Eligible depository: means any:
(a) Commercial or savings bank or savings and loan association having either a branch in this state or its principal place of business in this state and insured by the federal deposit insurance corporation or its successor or any other insuring instrumentality of the United States according to the applicable federal law. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Goods: means all personal property purchased, procured or contracted for by an agency, including leases of real property or other arrangements for the use of space. See Arizona Laws 35-341
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Industrial gas pipeline: means any pipeline or system of pipelines and all necessary appurtenances to the pipeline or system used to transport inert, nontoxic, nonflammable gas for industrial purposes to industrial users who pay for the service but does not include any pipeline or system of pipelines that transports gas for power, light or fuel. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- License: means that ordinance or resolution which contains the right, authority or grant given by a licensing authority enabling the license holder to construct, operate and maintain an industrial gas pipeline. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Licensing authority: means the board of supervisors of a county or the governing body of an incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Month: means a calendar month unless otherwise expressed. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- National Credit Union Administration: The federal regulatory agency that charters and supervises federal credit unions. (NCUA also administers the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund, which insures the deposits of federal credit unions.) Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Operating monies: means those treasury monies the interest from which is paid to the state general fund. See Arizona Laws 35-310
- Permanent endowment funds: means those funds or any part of a fund, established by law, to retain trust monies, not wholly expendable by the beneficiary on a current basis. See Arizona Laws 35-310
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Process: means a citation, writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Public monies: includes subdivision monies. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Services: means all services purchased, procured or contracted for by an agency, including construction services. See Arizona Laws 35-341
- State monies: means all monies in the treasury of this state or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the state treasurer. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Subdivision: means any county, noncharter city or town. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Subdivision monies: means all monies in the treasury of a subdivision or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the treasurer. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- substitute check: means a paper reproduction of an original warrant or check that is created from an electronic image of the original warrant or check and that meets all of the following:
1. See Arizona Laws 35-101.01
- Treasurer: includes the treasurer or officer exercising the functions of treasurer of any subdivision but excludes the state treasurer. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Treasury monies: means all monies in the treasury of this state or coming lawfully into the possession or custody of the state treasurer. See Arizona Laws 35-310
- Trust funds: means those monies entrusted to a public body or official for preservation and investment, as prescribed by the instrument establishing such funds. See Arizona Laws 35-321
- Trust monies: means treasury monies, other than operating monies, that are entrusted to the state treasurer for preservation and investment. See Arizona Laws 35-310
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Writing: includes printing. See Arizona Laws 1-215