|§ 9-552||Authority to issue license|
|§ 9-553||Application for license; hearing; terms; conditions|
|§ 9-554||License required before construction|
Terms Used In Arizona Laws > Title 9 > Chapter 5 > Article 4
- Action: includes any matter or proceeding in a court, civil or criminal. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Contract: means all types of agent agreements, regardless of what they are called, for the procurement of services pursuant to this title. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Contractor: means any person who has a contract with an agent. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Governmental agency: includes this state, agencies, boards, commissions, departments, institutions and political subdivisions of this state, municipal corporations and all other public bodies which may enter into contracts for the construction or repair of highways, buildings or structures, or additions or alterations to highways, buildings or structures, or for the furnishing of equipment, labor or materials. See Arizona Laws 34-251
- including: means not limited to and is not a term of exclusion. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Industrial gas pipeline: means any pipeline or system of pipelines and all necessary appurtenances to the pipeline or system used to transport inert, nontoxic, nonflammable gas for industrial purposes to industrial users who pay for the service but does not include any pipeline or system of pipelines that transports gas for power, light or fuel. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Intergovernmental contract: means a joint exercise of powers agreement authorized by title 11, chapter 7, article 3. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- License: means that ordinance or resolution which contains the right, authority or grant given by a licensing authority enabling the license holder to construct, operate and maintain an industrial gas pipeline. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Licensing authority: means the board of supervisors of a county or the governing body of an incorporated city or town. See Arizona Laws 9-551
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means any corporation, business, individual, union, committee, club, other organization or group of individuals. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- Person: means any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other entity formed for the purpose of doing business as a contractor, subcontractor or supplier. See Arizona Laws 34-251
- Person: includes a corporation, company, partnership, firm, association or society, as well as a natural person. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Arizona Laws 1-215
- Subcontractor: means a person who contracts to perform work or render service to a contractor or to another subcontractor as a part of a contract with an agent. See Arizona Laws 34-101
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Arizona Laws 1-215