Except as provided in Section 1637, to be eligible for a military service certificate of convenience, a person is required to be nominated therefor by the holder of a permanent license who, while the holder, entered the military service of the United States. “Military service” has the meanings ascribed to it by Section 101 of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003 (Public Law 108-189).

(Amended by Stats. 2012, Ch. 786, Sec. 21. Effective January 1, 2013.)