(a) A board within the department shall expedite the licensure process for an applicant who meets both of the following requirements:
(1) Supplies evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant is married to, or in a domestic partnership or other legal union with, an active duty member of the Armed Forces of the United States who is assigned to a duty station in this state under official active duty military orders.
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 115.5
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- license: means license, certificate, registration, or other means to engage in a business or profession regulated by this code or referred to in Section 1000 or 3600. See California Education Code 17330
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17325
(2) Holds a current license in another state, district, or territory of the United States in the profession or vocation for which he or she seeks a license from the board.
(b) A board may adopt regulations necessary to administer this section.
(Added by Stats. 2012, Ch. 399, Sec. 1. (AB 1904) Effective January 1, 2013.)