Except as otherwise provided by statute or regulation, every person who, by statute or regulation, is required to hold a state license shall obtain the license prior to engaging in the activity or occupying the position with respect to which the license is required. Every person who, by order of the commission, is required to apply for a gambling license or a finding of suitability shall file the application within 45 calendar days after receipt of the order.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 760, Sec. 2. (SB 472) Effective January 1, 2014.)
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 19855
- Commission: means the California Gambling Control Commission. See California Government Code 11004
- Finding of suitability: means a finding that a person meets the qualification criteria described in subdivisions (a) and (b) of Section 19857, and that the person would not be disqualified from holding a state gambling license on any of the grounds specified in Section 19859. See California Government Code 11004
- Gambling: means to deal, operate, carry on, conduct, maintain, or expose for play any controlled game. See California Government Code 11004
- License: means a gambling license, key employee license, or any other license issued by the commission pursuant to this chapter or regulations adopted pursuant to this chapter. See California Government Code 11004
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17325
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.