(a) The council shall establish and maintain on its Internet Web site a searchable public registry of registrants. Each registrant’s listing shall clearly indicate whether the registrant is actively in compliance with the annual registration requirements and shall include any of the following information that is applicable to the registrant:
(1) The registrant’s name and mailing address.
Terms Used In California Business and Professions Code 22251.4
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Department of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Business and Professions Code 31
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Business and Professions Code 21
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs, unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Business and Professions Code 15
(2) The registrant’s California Tax Education Council registration number.
(3) Any other information the council believes would be beneficial to consumers of tax preparation services that is consistent with protecting the public pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 22251.2.
(b) The Internet Web site of the council shall contain direct links to the Internet Web sites maintained by the California Board of Accountancy, the State Bar of California, and the Internal Revenue Service where public information regarding tax preparers exempt from this chapter may be obtained.
(Added by Stats. 2018, Ch. 597, Sec. 6. (AB 3143) Effective January 1, 2019. Repealed as of January 1, 2023, pursuant to Section 22259.)