(a) This chapter shall be known, and may be cited, as the California Healthy Youth Act.
(b) The purposes of this chapter are as follows:
(1) To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills necessary to protect their sexual and reproductive health from HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and from unintended pregnancy.
(2) To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills they need to develop healthy attitudes concerning adolescent growth and development, body image, gender, sexual orientation, relationships, marriage, and family.
(3) To promote understanding of sexuality as a normal part of human development.
(4) To ensure pupils receive integrated, comprehensive, accurate, and unbiased sexual health and HIV prevention instruction and provide educators with clear tools and guidance to accomplish that end.
(5) To provide pupils with the knowledge and skills necessary to have healthy, positive, and safe relationships and behaviors.
(Amended by Stats. 2015, Ch. 398, Sec. 2. (AB 329) Effective January 1, 2016.)