|§ 19950||This chapter shall be known and may be cited as the California …|
|§ 19951||The Legislature finds and declares all of the following:(a) The …|
|§ 19952||As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Education Code > Title 1 > Division 1 > Part 11 > Chapter 11 > Article 1
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Board: means the California Library Construction and Renovation Board. See California Education Code 19952
- Claim: includes a legal or equitable right, title, estate, lien, or interest in property or cloud upon title. See California Code of Civil Procedure 760.010
- Commissioner: means any county agricultural commissioner. See California Food and Agricultural Code 26
- Committee: means the California Library Construction and Renovation Finance Committee created pursuant to Section 19972. See California Education Code 19952
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Code of Civil Procedure 17
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Department: means the Department of Food and Agriculture. See California Food and Agricultural Code 32
- Fund: means the California Library Construction and Restoration Fund created pursuant to Section 19955. See California Education Code 19952
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- order: include a decree, as appropriate under the circumstances. See California Family Code 100
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Property: includes real property, and to the extent applicable, personal property. See California Code of Civil Procedure 760.010
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Spousal support: means support of the spouse of the obligor. See California Family Code 142
- State: means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a commonwealth, territory, or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. See California Family Code 145
- Support: refers to a support obligation owing on behalf of a child, spouse, or family, or an amount owing pursuant to Section 17402. See California Family Code 150