Before a board of supervisors enters into a lease or agreement pursuant to this article, it shall own a site upon which a building to be used by the county or city and county and the private person, firm, or corporation may be constructed.
(Added by Stats. 1980, Ch. 341.)
Terms Used In California Government Code 25549.2
- building: includes onsite and offsite facilities, utilities, and improvements, including permanent improvement of the grounds of a building, which, as agreed upon by the parties, are appropriate for the proper operation or function of the building to be occupied jointly by the county or city and county and the private person, firm, or corporation. See California Government Code 25549.1
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426