(a) No modification, amendment, or rescission of any allocation or funding agreement between the commission and the county shall become effective unless the board of supervisors, by resolution, first approves the modification, amendment, or rescission.
(b) No modification, amendment, or rescission of any allocation or funding agreement between the commission and any city within the county shall become effective unless the city council of the city, by resolution, first approves the modification, amendment, or rescission.
Terms Used In California Government Code 26298.22
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- board of supervisors: means the Board of Supervisors of the County of Orange. See California Government Code 26295.10
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- commission: means the Orange County Regional Justice Facilities Commission created pursuant to Article 2 (commencing with Section 26296). See California Government Code 26295.4
- county: means the County of Orange. See California Government Code 26295.8
- Rescission: The cancellation of budget authority previously provided by Congress. The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 specifies that the President may propose to Congress that funds be rescinded. If both Houses have not approved a rescission proposal (by passing legislation) within 45 days of continuous session, any funds being withheld must be made available for obligation.
(Added by Stats. 1989, Ch. 1335, Sec. 1.)