|§ 8899.50||(a) For purposes of this section, the following terms have the …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 1 > Chapter 15
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404