Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 1 > Chapter 3.3
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Caucus: From the Algonquian Indian language, a caucus meant "to meet together." An informal organization of members of the legislature that exists to discuss issues of mutual concern and possibly to perform legislative research and policy planning for its members. There are regional, political or ideological, ethnic, and economic-based caucuses.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 24937
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427