Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 1 > Chapter 9.5
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 24937
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Education Code 24944
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Persons and families of low or moderate income: includes very low income households, as defined in Section 50105, extremely low income households, as defined in Section 50106, and lower income households as defined in Section 50079. See California Public Resources Code 4649
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Education Code 19431
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 25000.5