|§ 18220||(a) State agencies, when hiring for internships and student …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 5 > Part 1 > Chapter 5
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town. See California Education Code 7007
- commission: means the California Transportation Commission. See California Education Code 7054.1
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Department: means the Department of Transportation of this state. See California Education Code 7053
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- highway: includes bridges, culverts, curbs, drains, and all works incidental to highway construction, improvement, and maintenance. See California Education Code 7056
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which that term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19970