Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 2 > Division 5 > Part 2.6 > Chapter 2.5 > Article 5 - Nonindustrial Disability Leave
- Appeals board: means the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. See California Government Code 19878
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- ballot: means any of the following:
California Elections Code 301
- Board: means the State Public Works Board. See California Government Code 15802
- Construction: includes the extension, enlargement, repair, renovation, restoration, improvement, furnishing, and equipping of any public building. See California Government Code 15802
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- County measure: includes any proposed county charter, any proposed amendment to a county charter, any proposition for the issuance of funding or refunding bonds of the county, any other question or proposition submitted to the voters of a county at any election held throughout an entire single county, any advisory question, or any bond proposal or any advisory question submitted to the voters of any public district although the boundaries of the district may be coterminous with those of the county. See California Elections Code 312
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- department: means the Department of Water Resources. See California Public Resources Code 8832
- Department: means the Department of Human Resources. See California Government Code 19815
- Director: means the Director of the Department of Human Resources. See California Government Code 19815
- disabled: includes mental or physical illness and mental or physical injury, including any illness or injury resulting from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition. See California Government Code 19878
- Division: means the Division of Labor Relations. See California Government Code 19815
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Elections Code 318
- Elections official: means any of the following:
California Elections Code 320
- Employee: means any of the following:
California Government Code 19878
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- Family Care Leave benefits: means benefits authorized by Section 19878. See California Government Code 19878
- FGCS: means the Federal Geodetic Control Subcommittee or its successor. See California Public Resources Code 8801
- Full pay: means the gross base salary earnable by the employee, and subject to retirement contribution on the date of the commencement of the employee's disability. See California Government Code 19878
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Measure: means any constitutional amendment or other proposition submitted to a popular vote at any election. See California Elections Code 329
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Party: means a political party or organization that has qualified for participation in any primary or presidential general election. See California Elections Code 338
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Government Code 17
- Signature: includes either of the following:
California Elections Code 354.5
- Special election: is a n election, the specific time for the holding of which is not prescribed by law. See California Elections Code 356
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Government Code 18
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Government Code 10
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Elections Code 359
- Writ: A formal written command, issued from the court, requiring the performance of a specific act.