|§ 50001||“Local agency” as used in this division means county, city, or city …|
|§ 50002||“Legislative body” as used in this division, means board of …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 5 > Division 1 > Part 1 > Chapter 1 > Article 1
- board: means any entity listed in Section 101, the entities referred to in Sections 1000 and 3600, the State Bar, the Bureau of Real Estate, and any other state agency that issues a license, certificate, or registration authorizing a person to engage in a business or profession. See California Education Code 17352
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- hearing: means the hearing at which a question under this code arises, and not some earlier or later hearing. See California Education Code 17532
- Person: includes a natural person, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, corporation, limited liability company, or public entity. See California Education Code 17566
- Presiding officer: A majority-party Senator who presides over the Senate and is charged with maintaining order and decorum, recognizing Members to speak, and interpreting the Senate's rules, practices and precedents.
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 17325