|§ 54965||The legislative body may, within the powers otherwise conferred by …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 5 > Division 2 > Part 1 > Chapter 10
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Education Code 1915
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Education Code 88097
- Inspector: means the supervisor of the precinct board of which he or she is a member. See California Education Code 88104.5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nonmember: as used in this article , means the spouse or former spouse, or child or other dependent as ordered by the court, of a member, who as a result of petitioning the court for the division of community property, has been awarded a distinct and separate account reflecting specific credited service and accumulated contributions. See California Government Code 31685.1
- Precinct: means a geographical area within a county that is made up of voters and is formed pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 12200) of Division 12. See California Education Code 88124
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Education Code 88183