Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 5 > Division 2 > Part 1 > Chapter 13.7
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- ballot: means any of the following:
California Education Code 88078
- candidate: includes any officeholder who is subject to a recall election. See California Education Code 88085
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Education Code 19429
- Clerk: means the county elections official, registrar of voters, city clerk, or other officer or board charged with the duty of conducting any election. See California Education Code 88087
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 19428
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Education Code 88097
- Elections official: means any of the following:
California Education Code 88100
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Party: means a political party or organization that has qualified for participation in any primary or presidential general election. See California Education Code 88122
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Education Code 19426
- Precinct: means a geographical area within a county that is made up of voters and is formed pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 12200) of Division 12. See California Education Code 88124
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 19427
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Education Code 88183
- Voting system: means a mechanical, electromechanical, or electronic system and its software, or any combination of these used for casting a ballot, tabulating votes, or both. See California Education Code 88191