Terms Used In California Codes > Government Code > Title 9 > Chapter 8 - Ballot Pamphlet
- Access: means a personal inspection and review of a record or an accurate copy of a record, or receipt of an accurate copy of a record, an oral description or communication of a record or an accurate copy of a record, and a request to release a copy of any record. See California Education Code 49061
- Directory information: means one or more of the following items: pupil's name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, and the most recent previous public or private school attended by the pupil. See California Education Code 49061
- Parent: means a natural parent, an adopted parent, or legal guardian. See California Education Code 49061
- Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide.
- Pupil record: means any item of information directly related to an identifiable pupil, other than directory information, that is maintained by a school district or required to be maintained by an employee in the performance of his or her duties whether recorded by handwriting, print, tapes, film, microfilm, or other means. See California Education Code 49061
- School district: means any school district maintaining any kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12, inclusive, any public school providing instruction in any kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12, inclusive, the office of the county superintendent of schools, or any special school operated by the department. See California Education Code 49061
- Transcript: A written, word-for-word record of what was said, either in a proceeding such as a trial or during some other conversation, as in a transcript of a hearing or oral deposition.