(a) The shared resource core shall provide administrative, technical, educational, and health information dissemination services to multiple projects conducted, in collaboration, by the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science and community-based organizations.
(b) The duties of the shared resource core shall include all of the following:
(1) Helping to provide program administration services, project management, fiscal support, resource allocation, and program evaluation.
(2) Assisting in the collection, management, and analysis of primary and secondary data, and providing methodological and computational support and training.
(3) Helping implement community-focused health promotion, disease prevention, and health screening interventions and demonstration projects.
(4) Aiding in the synthesis, interpretation, and dissemination of information on disparities in health indicators, medical outcomes, death rates, and other aspects of health inequalities.
(c) The objectives of the shared resource core shall include both of the following:
(1) To achieve economies of scale in effort, expertise, and equipment, and thereby build the capacity of the community and the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science to develop, implement, and evaluate community programs to reduce health disparities.
(2) To pool services, expertise, equipment, and facilities to support several interrelated projects and collaborating organizations, thereby impacting health disparities with greater resources than those that would be provided separately to each project and without formal interaction among the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, community-based organizations, and public sector agencies.
(Added by Stats. 2003, Ch. 200, Sec. 1. Effective January 1, 2004.)