(a) To be eligible for a grant pursuant to this division, a county shall have on file with the State Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs an approved plan for implementing the Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act of 2000.
(b) The county plan shall include a description of the process to be used for substance abuse treatment and substance abuse testing of probationers consistent with Sections 1210.1 and 1210.5, and substance abuse treatment and substance abuse testing of parolees consistent with Sections 3063.1 and 3063.2.
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 11999.25
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 24937
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Education Code 24943
- Equitable: Pertaining to civil suits in "equity" rather than in "law." In English legal history, the courts of "law" could order the payment of damages and could afford no other remedy. See damages. A separate court of "equity" could order someone to do something or to cease to do something. See, e.g., injunction. In American jurisprudence, the federal courts have both legal and equitable power, but the distinction is still an important one. For example, a trial by jury is normally available in "law" cases but not in "equity" cases. Source: U.S. Courts
- State: means the State of California, unless applied to the different parts of the United States. See California Education Code 25000.5
(c) The State Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs shall establish a fair and equitable distribution formula for allocating money to eligible counties.
(d) This section shall become inoperative on July 1, 2013.
(Amended by Stats. 2013, Ch. 22, Sec. 68. (AB 75) Effective June 27, 2013. Amending action operative July 1, 2013, by Sec. 110 of Ch. 22. Section inoperative July 1, 2013, by its own provisions from this amendment.)