Within the survey area or for purposes of redevelopment an agency may:
(a) Purchase, lease, obtain option upon, acquire by gift, grant, bequest, devise, or otherwise, any real or personal property, any interest in property, and any improvements on it, including repurchase of developed property previously owned by the agency.
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 33391
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Devise: To gift property by will.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
(b) Acquire real property by eminent domain.
(Amended by Stats. 1988, Ch. 1599, Sec. 2. Effective September 30, 1988.)