(a) Commencing when a successor entity, including a designated local authority established pursuant to subdivision (d) of Section 34173, receives a finding of completion pursuant to Section 34179.7, there exists, within the same geographical boundaries of the jurisdiction of that successor entity, an affordable housing special beneficiary district.
(b) (1) A beneficiary district shall cease to exist on the earlier of the 90th calendar day after the date the Department of Finance approves a request to dissolve the successor entity pursuant to Section 34187, or the 20th anniversary of the date that the successor entity received a finding of completion pursuant to Section 34179.7. On and after the date a beneficiary district ceases to exist, the beneficiary district shall not have the authority to conduct any business, including, but not limited to, taking any action or making any payment, and any funds of the beneficiary district shall automatically transfer to the city or county that rejected its distributions of property tax revenues pursuant to Section 34191.45 that were thereafter directed to the beneficiary district.
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 34191.35
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
- department: means State Department of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 20
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
(2) Notwithstanding Section 34191.40, the terms of the members of the board of a beneficiary district shall expire on the date the beneficiary district ceases to exist.
(3) Any legal right of the beneficiary district on or after the date the beneficiary district ceases to exist, including, but not limited to, the right to repayment pursuant to a loan made by the beneficiary district, is the right of the city or county that rejected its distributions of property tax revenues pursuant to Section 34191.45 that was thereafter directed to the beneficiary district.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 453, Sec. 1. (AB 2031) Effective January 1, 2017.)