(a) A beneficiary district shall be governed by a board composed of the following five members:
(1) Three members of the city council, if a city formed the redevelopment agency, or three members of the board of supervisors, if a county formed the redevelopment agency. The three members shall be appointed by the city council or board of supervisors, as applicable.
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 34191.40
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- County: includes city and county. See California Health and Safety Code 14
(2) The treasurer of the city or county that formed the redevelopment agency.
(3) One member of the public who lives within the boundaries of the beneficiary district who is appointed by the city council or county board of supervisors of the city or county that formed the redevelopment agency.
(b) The board shall elect one of its members as the chairperson.
(c) Each member shall serve a term of four years from the date of his or her appointment. Vacancies on the board shall be filled by the appointing authority for a new four-year term. A member may be reappointed.
(d) Each member shall serve without compensation.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 453, Sec. 1. (AB 2031) Effective January 1, 2017.)