(a) A beneficiary district shall use any funds provided to it for the express purpose of promoting the development of affordable housing within its boundaries.
(b) A beneficiary district may promote the development of affordable housing by doing any of the following:
Terms Used In California Health and Safety Code 34191.50
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
(1) Issuing bonds to be repaid from the distributions of property tax revenues directed to the beneficiary district.
(2) Providing financial assistance for the development of affordable housing, including, but not limited to, providing loans, grants, and other financial incentives and support.
(3) Taking other actions the board determines will promote the financing of the development of affordable housing within its boundaries.
(c) A beneficiary district shall not undertake any obligation that requires an action after the date it will cease to exist, including, but not limited to, issuing a bond that requires any repayment of the bond obligation after the date the beneficiary district will cease to exist.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 453, Sec. 1. (AB 2031) Effective January 1, 2017.)