The commissioner may investigate any person, whether licensed or not, for the purpose of determining if there has been any violation of this article, however, if such investigation be upon a complaint, the complainant must be a party to the contract of sale, trust deed, or loan agreement and must make such complaint within three months of the execution or any modification thereof.
(Added by Stats. 1951, Ch. 224.)
Terms Used In California Insurance Code 775
- Commissioner: means the Insurance Commissioner of this State. See California Education Code 25022.5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Person: means any person, association, organization, partnership, business trust, limited liability company, or corporation. See California Education Code 25022