(a) Each laminated license shall contain, on the face thereof, all of the following:
(1) The name and address of the licensee and the fact that the licensee is licensed to act as a farm labor contractor for the period upon the face of the license only.
Terms Used In California Labor Code 1687
- Department: means Department of Industrial Relations. See California Labor Code 19
- Fee: shall mean (1) the difference between the amount received by a labor contractor and the amount paid out by him or her to persons employed to render personal services to, for or under the direction of a third person. See California Labor Code 1682
- License: means a license issued by the Labor Commissioner to carry on the business, activities, or operations of a farm labor contractor under this chapter. See California Labor Code 1682
- Licensee: means a farm labor contractor who holds a valid and unrevoked license under this chapter. See California Labor Code 1682
(2) The number, date of issuance, and date of expiration of the license.
(3) The amount of the surety bond deposited by the licensee.
(4) The fact that the license may not be transferred or assigned.
(5) A picture of the licensee taken at the time of application.
(b) The license shall be similar in size and format to a driver’s license issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles, and shall contain a hologram and a signature to verify authenticity. The cost of the hologrammed license shall be appropriated from the license fee.
(c) The license shall contain on the back thereof the definition of a farm labor contractor, as defined by subdivision (b) of Section 1682.
(Amended by Stats. 2000, Ch. 917, Sec. 4. Effective January 1, 2001.)