|§ 3550||(a) Notwithstanding any other law, except as provided in …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 3 > Title 2.3
- Entitlement: A Federal program or provision of law that requires payments to any person or unit of government that meets the eligibility criteria established by law. Entitlements constitute a binding obligation on the part of the Federal Government, and eligible recipients have legal recourse if the obligation is not fulfilled. Social Security and veterans' compensation and pensions are examples of entitlement programs.
- peace officer: signify any one of the officers mentioned in Chapter 4. See California Education Code 1012
- property: includes both real and personal property. See California Education Code 1012
- State: includes the District of Columbia and the territories when applied to the different parts of the United States, and the words "United States" may include the district and territories. See California Education Code 17389
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Education Code 19404