|Article 1||Administration of Institution for Women|
Terms Used In California Codes > Penal Code > Part 3 > Title 2 > Chapter 2 - Administration of Institution
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- board: means the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 20
- camper: is a structure designed to be mounted upon a motor vehicle and to provide facilities for human habitation or camping purposes. See California Vehicle Code 243
- Case law: The law as laid down in cases that have been decided in the decisions of the courts.
- County: includes city and county. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 15
- Director: means "State Director of Health Services. See California Health and Safety Code 21
- Enrollee: means a person who is enrolled in a plan and who is a recipient of services from the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Fund: means the Veterans' Home Fund created pursuant to Section 1103. See California Military and Veterans Code 1102
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Revenue and Taxation Code 19
- Person: means any person, individual, firm, association, organization, partnership, business trust, foundation, labor organization, corporation, limited liability company, public agency, or political subdivision of the state. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Solicitation: means any presentation or advertising conducted by, or on behalf of, a plan, where information regarding the plan, or services offered and charges therefor, is disseminated for the purpose of inducing persons to subscribe to, or enroll in, the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Solicitor: means any person who engages in the acts defined in subdivision ( l). See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- Subscriber: means the person who is responsible for payment to a plan or whose employment or other status, except for family dependency, is the basis for eligibility for membership in the plan. See California Health and Safety Code 1345
- vehicle: is a device by which any person or property may be propelled, moved, or drawn upon a highway, excepting a device moved exclusively by human power or used exclusively upon stationary rails or tracks. See California Vehicle Code 670