Twenty-five or more years from the date of sale of the agricultural conservation easement, the landowner may make a request to the department that the easement be reviewed for possible termination. Upon receipt of a request, the department shall immediately notify the affected local government to initiate a local government inquiry pursuant to Section 10271.

(Amended by Stats. 2002, Ch. 616, Sec. 31. Effective January 1, 2003.)