Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 12.7 > Chapter 2 - Containers and Packaging
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- legislative body: means board of trustees, city council, or other governing body of a city. See California Government Code 34000
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Government Code 17
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Government Code 22
- property: includes property real and personal. See California Civil Code 14
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.