Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 44 > Part 2
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Measure: means any constitutional amendment or other proposition submitted to a popular vote at any election. See California Education Code 88108
- Recourse: An arrangement in which a bank retains, in form or in substance, any credit risk directly or indirectly associated with an asset it has sold (in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles) that exceeds a pro rata share of the bank's claim on the asset. If a bank has no claim on an asset it has sold, then the retention of any credit risk is recourse. Source: FDIC
- Signature: includes either of the following:
California Education Code 88166
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000