Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 5 > Chapter 1.68
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- ballot: means any of the following:
California Elections Code 301
- candidate: includes any officeholder who is subject to a recall election. See California Elections Code 305
- City: includes "city and county" and "incorporated town" but does not include "unincorporated town" or "village. See California Government Code 20
- Coastal recreational resources: means those land and water areas adjacent to or in close proximity to the Pacific Ocean which are suitable for public park, beach, or recreational purposes, including, but not limited to, areas of historical significance and areas of open space that complement park, beach, or recreational areas. See California Public Resources Code 5096.123
- County: includes city and county. See California Government Code 19
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- department: means the Department of Parks and Recreation and "director" means the Director of Parks and Recreation. See California Public Resources Code 5001.1
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- District: means any district authorized to provide park and recreation services, except a school district. See California Public Resources Code 5096.123
- Election: means any election including a primary that is provided for under this code. See California Elections Code 318
- Elections official: means any of the following:
California Elections Code 320
- Elector: means a person who is a United States citizen 18 years of age or older and, except as specified in subdivision (b), is a resident of an election precinct in this state on or before the day of an election. See California Elections Code 321
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- General election: means either of the following:
California Elections Code 324
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Historical resource: includes , but is not limited to, any building, structure, site, area, or place which is historically or archaeologically significant, or is significant in the architectural, engineering, scientific, economic, agricultural, educational, social, political, military, or cultural annals of California. See California Public Resources Code 5096.123
- individual with a disability: means any individual who has a physical or mental disability as defined in Section 12926. See California Government Code 19231
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Measure: means any constitutional amendment or other proposition submitted to a popular vote at any election. See California Elections Code 329
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Party: means a political party or organization that has qualified for participation in any primary or presidential general election. See California Elections Code 338
- Person: includes any person, firm, association, organization, partnership, limited liability company, business trust, corporation, or company. See California Government Code 17
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Polling place: means a location where a voter casts a ballot and includes the following terms, as applicable: poll, polling location, and vote center. See California Elections Code 338.5
- Precinct: means a geographical area within a county that is made up of voters and is formed pursuant to Chapter 3 (commencing with Section 12200) of Division 12. See California Elections Code 338.6
- Primary election: includes all primary nominating elections provided for by this code. See California Elections Code 341
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Process: includes a writ or summons issued in the course of judicial proceedings of either a civil or criminal nature. See California Government Code 22
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Roster: means the official list of voters for an election, which may be in paper or electronic form. See California Elections Code 349.5
- Signature: includes either of the following:
California Elections Code 354.5
- Special election: is a n election, the specific time for the holding of which is not prescribed by law. See California Elections Code 356
- state agency: includes every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission. See California Government Code 11000
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Subdivision: means a subdivision of the section in which the term occurs unless some other section is expressly mentioned. See California Government Code 10
- Voter: means any elector who is registered under this code. See California Elections Code 359