Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 5 > Chapter 1 > Article 3.5
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- County: includes "city and county. See California Public Resources Code 14
- department: means the Department of Parks and Recreation and "director" means the Director of Parks and Recreation. See California Public Resources Code 5001.1
- Donor: The person who makes a gift.
- Juror: A person who is on the jury.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.