Terms Used In California Codes > Public Resources Code > Division 5 > Chapter 1 > Article 4
- department: means the Department of Parks and Recreation and "director" means the Director of Parks and Recreation. See California Public Resources Code 5001.1
- Hostel facility: means a supervised overnight lodging or sleeping accommodation provided primarily for use by persons, including bicyclists and hikers, arriving at state park system units and local and regional parks and recreation areas. See California Public Resources Code 5052
- Petit jury: A group of citizens who hear the evidence presented by both sides at trial and determine the facts in dispute. Federal criminal juries consist of 12 persons. Federal civil juries consist of six persons.
- Recess: A temporary interruption of the legislative business.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.