|§ 170||(a) Notwithstanding any other law, the board of supervisors, by …|
|§ 171||(a) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no interest or …|
Terms Used In California Codes > Revenue and Taxation Code > Division 1 > Part 1 > Chapter 2.5
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Assessee: means the person to whom property or a tax is assessed. See California Education Code 5320
- County: includes city and county. See California Education Code 5228
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Person: includes any person, firm, partnership, general partner of a partnership, limited liability company, registered limited liability partnership, foreign limited liability partnership, association, corporation, company, syndicate, estate, trust, business trust, or organization of any kind. See California Education Code 5300
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.